S452 Flow and Consumption Meter for Compressed Air and Gases (Atex / Ex)
With a NEMA 4X enclosure (IP67) the S452 inline version allows compressed air flow measurement in all-weather applications.
The SUTO flow sensor S452 is based on the thermal mass flow principle. It measures volumetric standard flow over a wide measuring range. The result is pressure and temperature independent.
S452 is designed specifically for harsh environments. The NEMA 4X enclosure with IP67 allows all-weather applications, All parts which come into contact with the measurement medium are made of stainless steel 316L. This allows applications in the pharmaceutical and food industry, but also the measurement of corrosive and contaminated gas. Installations in an explosive environment can be done through the optional ATEX approval. Various gases can be measured such as air, oxygen, argon, carbon dioxide, natural gas, hydrogen, methane, etc. Basically, any gas mixture can be measured as long the mixing ratio and its components are known and constant.
It is designed to fit your needs in compressed air flow measurements.
- Heavy duty version of our compressed air flow meter as inline type
- Direct measurement of mass flow and standard flow without the need for pressure compensation
- A wide range of tube sizes are supported with insertion type for big pipe diameters and in-line types for small pipe diameters
- No moving parts, non-clogging
- All parts which come into contact with the measurement medium are made of stainless steel 316L
- Robust metal enclosure suitable for outdoor applications in harsh environments
- Wireless communication interface for sensor settings on site
- Display showing flow rates, consumption, medium temperature and diagnostic results
- 2 analogue outputs (4 … 20 mA) and 1 pulse output
- Available options:
– Fieldbus interface: HART, MODBUS
– Hazardous approval ATEX: II 2 G Ex d IIC T4, IECEx approval, GB Ex approval
– 2-directional measurement
– Flow conditioning